Experienced. Efficient. Effective. Excellence.
Amanda R. Jacobson Esq.
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
Amanda R. Jacobson has been an attorney for 26 years, practicing in the areas of criminal law and family law. After graduating from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, Ms. Jacobson attended the University of Miami School of Law, where she successfully competed in trial team events as a member of the Moot Court Board. While in law school, Ms. Jacobson interned at the Office of the State Attorney in Orange County, Florida, the office that she later joined as an attorney when she graduated in 1996. As an Assistant State Attorney, Ms. Jacobson spent the following three years prosecuting all criminal cases, from DUIs and traffic matters, misdemeanors, drug cases and juvenile matters to serious felonies and violent crime.
In 1999, Ms. Jacobson, along with her three partners, left the Office of the State Attorney to form the law offices of Jacobson, Chmelir & Ferwerda. Since that time, she has defended numerous criminal cases in the Central Florida area, focusing with her clients on personal attention and jury trial practice. In addition to her work in criminal state court cases, Ms. Jacobson also represents clients in federal court in the Middle District of Florida on all charges, including conspiracy, drug trafficking and tax evasion.
In 2000, the firm expanded its services to include a family law section, providing legal support to clients with domestic cases. Ms. Jacobson has represented many family law clients in matters ranging from divorce, child support and custody to adoptions and name changes. She litigates all types of cases, including simple uncontested dissolution of marriage, complex custody actions, and divorces involving business valuations.
Ms. Jacobson is also a Certified Family Law Mediator who can assist you in resolving all family law matters prior to, during or after court proceedings. Mediation is an essential tool in negotiating a settlement that the clients can control once they have reached an agreement.
Collaborative divorce is often the best solution for families going through a dissolution of marriage. Ms. Jacobson is collaboratively trained and welcomes the opportunity to offer collaboration as a path for your dissolution resolution.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated, Present
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AVVO 10.0 rating
- AVVO Client Choice Award
- Super Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- Former Orange County Police Academy, Instructor, 1997 to 2004
- Holocaust Memorial and Resource Center of Orlando, Board Member
- Big Brother Big Sister of Orlando
Fraternities or Sororities
- Chi Omega
- Phi Delta Phi
- Family Law Section, Florida Bar
- Criminal Law Section, Florida Bar
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Barrister member of the Central Florida Family Law Inns of Court
- Florida Bar, Member, 1996 to Present
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated, 2012 to Present
- U.S. Middle District of Florida
- Holocaust Memorial and Resource Center of Orlando Former Board Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Mediator