Andrew J. Chmelir
- AV Rated 2012 & 2013 Martindale-Hubbell
- U.S. Supreme Court (2013)
- Florida Bar
- Colorado Bar
- Missouri Bar
- Seminole County Bar
- U.S. Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Florida Bar 18th Circuit Grievance Committee (2010
Chairman; Member 1/08 to 2/11)
- Former Orange County Police Academy Instructor (1999-2004)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Criminal Law Section of the
- Appellate Law Section of the
- Florida State University Seminole Club
of Greater Orlando (President 2005; Board of Directors 2001-2007)
- Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Andrew J. Chmelir earned his B.A. degree in 1993 from Florida State
University's School of Criminology. Andrew then attended law school at St. Thomas University
in Miami, Florida where he excelled and received several academic scholarships and
the prestigious Book Award in Criminal Law, Federal Income Taxation and Property Law.
While in law school, Andrew interned at both the Brevard County State Attorney's Office
and the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. At the Miami office, Andrew worked as
a Certified Legal Intern and served as lead counsel in several jury trials. After law school,
Andrew joined the Orange County State Attorney's Office as a trial attorney and gained extensive
experience prosecuting cases within Felony, Misdemeanor, Traffic and Juvenile Divisions.
After serving as a prosecutor in Orlando for over three years, in 1999, Andrew and his three law
partners formed the law firm Jacobson, McClean, Chmelir & Ferwarda. Since that time Andrew
and the Firm have defended numerous individuals facing State and Federal criminal prosecutions.
Additionally, Andrew has represented countless individuals in family law related matters including
divorces, child custody hearings, and cases involving the Department of Children & Family Services.
Andrew's experience includes the handling of criminal appeals as he has authored
briefs and has argued before both state and federal appellate panels.
Andrew was recently honored as the first recipient of
the 2012 Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award by the Altamonte
Springs Babe Ruth Baseball Association for his
dedication to youth sports. Andrew's legal ability and
high ethical standards were also recently acknowledged as
he received the coveted Martindale-Hubbell "AV" peer
review rating, the highest rating bestowed upon an
attorney by fellow lawyers and judges. Andrew was recognized by the
Orlando Home & Leisure 2012 Magazine as one of
"Orlando's Top Lawyers".